It’s been more than 6 weeks since I highlighted my (virgin) hair (for the first time in over 14 years!) I’ve had the opportunity to try a wide variety of products formulated for color treated hair, and wanted to share which hair products I’ve been enjoying the most!
- Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 was recommended to me by 5 different friends, 2 of which are hair stylists, so obviously I Amazon Prime’d it the same day. In the distant past, when I would shampoo my hair after coloring it, my hair would immediately tangle and feel like straw. I’ve been using this Olaplex treatment as directed, applying it to wet hair and letting it soak for 15 minutes before showering, and I was blown away! It’s formulated to repair damaged strands from within; split ends were visibly smoother, and truly left my hair feeling so much stronger afterwards.
- My hair stylist Jackie from Ssooniestyle, suggested that I alternate washes with a purple shampoo to maintain my highlights. I’ve been using Kérastase Blond Absolu Bain Ultra-Violet for every other wash and love how well it’s maintained my balayage, neutralizing brassiness and boosting luminosity! It also contains Hyaluronic Acid and Edelweiss Flower which strengthens while also softening hair fibers.
- Jackie also recommended that I swap out my hair conditioner for hair masks instead, so I’ve been using Kérastase Reflection Masque Chromatique Hair Mask regularly. I’ve really enjoyed how nourishing it is! This multi-protecting hair mask is formulated to protect and prolong healthy hair color. I like to let it soak while I shave, as well as when I’m soaping up and rinsing off in the shower, so it has plenty of time to do its magic.
- In between purple washes, I’m still using my trusted Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Shampoo. It’s safe for color, as well as keratin treated hair, and smells amazing! I also love how well it lathers up, gently cleanses, and feels so refreshing.
- I’ve been using Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream for years now. It’s the queen bee of leave-in conditioners that hydrates while calming frizz, and leaving my hair feeling super soft! It’s ideal for extra long hair and I’ve loved combining it with Oribe Power Drops Damage Repair Booster for a supercharged dose of nutrients formulated to rebuild and restore damaged hair.
- I recently started adding Oribe Power Drops Color Preservation Booster for an intense treatment of antioxidants, vitamin C complex, and amino acids for UV protection and to enhance color retention. I find it easiest to combine these power drops with the moisturizing cream in the palm of my hand, before working them into my hair.
- I typically let my hair air-dry but if heat tools are involved, I love using Kérastase Résistance Ciment Thermique Blow Dry Primer. It offers 450°F thermo-protection so I always make sure to apply it throughout before blow drying or heat styling. This blow dry primer also acts as a leave-in conditioner with Resurrection Plant Sap to smooth and hydrate, Ceramides to strengthen and promote elasticity, and Pro-Keratine Complex to rebuild over-processed and damaged hair.
- I always reach for Oribe Split End Seal when I spot a split end. I’ll apply this seal onto the effected strand, and work the rest through all of my ends. It repairs up to 94% of split ends after just 1 use, and reduces breakage by 65%!
- Of course Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray is a must have. This spray adds the perfect amount of volume and texture to styled hair, while also absorbing oil at the roots. Plus it smells incredible!
- I recently tried Kérastase Nutritive 8H Magic Night Hair Serum and instantly fell in love! I can’t live without it now, and use it whenever I wash my hair later in the day. I’ll apply it throughout the lengths of my hair and ends before bed, and I swear I wake up with the softest, smoothest hair! I normally prefer washing my hair in the morning, but this stuff is so good that I find myself subconsciously waiting until the late afternoon or evening to shower now lol!
- I always finish off my hair with Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil. Luxuriously light, this oil deeply conditions, strengthens, and smooths, while adding incredible shine. It also provides thermal protection and reduces dry time!
Photos by Chris Dyer.
Have you tried any of these? What are your favorite hair products? Let me know below, so I can check those out, too!