I’ve had this bow belt (and another one in red) for over a year now with its tags still attached, sitting inside my belt drawer. When I first bought it at H&M I thought it was adorable and something I could throw on any outfit for an adorable WTH? look 😛 a statement belt. I was wrong – I’ve tried it with so many outfits to only find myself cringing and tossing it back into my dresser. Defeated, I was getting close to selling it on eBay.
This past weekend, I had a cute dress in mind to wear to Mass on Sunday. A pretty pastel 3/4 sleeve floral shift dress I recently got from H&M. Well, the weather reports said it would be close to 90 and all I could think about was how many hours I’d need to endure in a long sleeve dress made of polyester – not fun. After scrambling for something else to wear, with my husband at the door [im]patiently waiting, I had this top and skirt on but wasn’t ecstatic about how it looked. This high-waisted skirt just was so flat it needed something. I opened up my belt drawer to see this bow belt laying on top of everything else. Despite a time crunch, I tried it on anyway and was pleasantly surprised. It made for a fun look without being too ridiculous (well, in my opinion lol). I guess I won’t be ebaying it any time soon after all.
After Sunday Mass, we headed to Beverly Hills for brunch at The Farm. Although it sounded pretentious on the menu, I couldn’t help but order the Lobster Salad. I was not disappointed. It was perfectly dressed with a light vinaigrette, generous chunks of lobster (both tail and claw pieces) combined with the crisp salad, salty bits of applewood smoked bacon and creamy avocado slices – it was amazing! I also tried a bite of my husband’s Lobster Club and it was just as delicious (similar ingredients, executed perfectly in sandwich form).
While we were dining, a frightening sight appeared. Okay, not frightening at all, 😀 if we weren’t in LA, I probably would be freaked out but things like this are strangely normal sights to see here. This awesome car pulled up – it’s fun to see that movie prop cars like this are actually functional – well, hopefully not the guns and missiles but I mean the car itself. The owner told us it’s the Black Beauty and I later found out that it’s from the movie The Green Hornet! Pretty cool, right?
Well, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, too! Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed this post & I appreciate all the sweet comments!
- Forever 21 Buttoned Lace Bodysuit (2008585967)
- Forever 21 Box Pleated Skirt (2011408286)
- H&M Bow Belt (old, but I love this Kate Spade patent leather bow belt you can find here or here)
- Christian Louboutin Decollette 868 100 Glittart Pumps (call Christian Louboutin stores, or check out this impressive inspiration pair here)
- Marc Jacob Heart Mirror Necklace (only available in Marc Jacob stores, similar here and here)
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15
- MAC Espresso Eyeshadow
- Nars Super Orgasm Blush
- Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Lace Beige 216
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Urban Decay’s Half Baked, Suspect, Half Baked, Tease, Snakebite and Foxy from their Naked2 Eyeshadow Palette
- Lancome Noir Artliner
- Lancome Hypnôse Doll Lashes
- Beauty supply stores #WSP or Wispies Lashes
- Ardell DUO Dark Eyelash Adhesive